It is a cornerstone of Maggie Marilyn to support our local industry through manufacturing in New Zealand. We value the close relationships we have with our makers, something unique to producing locally. Our production team visits our factories every week, with most of them being within an hours drive from our Auckland head office.
New Zealand used to have a booming fashion manufacturing industry, however it was decimated in the late 80's with the explosion of fast fashion and cheap imports. We feel passionately about supporting our remaining manufacturers and helping to revitalise this industry. In order to help foster the next generation of talented makers, we will be investing in an apprenticeship programme which we hope to launch before the end of 2020.
We ask all of our manufacturers to sign our Supplier Code of Conduct and although we have close relationships with our factories we understand the importance of having third party factory audits. We are beginning independent audits with Qualspec in September 2020, starting with our 5 primary factories.
Meet our Makers
Distance between our makers and the Maggie Marilyn Headoffice
- Kate's Fashion - 16.2 KM
- Avenue - 4.3 KM
- Easy Fashions - 18.5 KM
- TL Fashions - 10.4 KM
- Seabreeze - 36 KM
- Beverley Productions - 208 KM
- Najie Clothing - 120 KM
- Cutting Services - 5.5 KM
- Textile Creations - 17.5 KM
- The Pattern Table - 3.1 KM
- Albion - 1073 KM
- JM Productions - 13 KM
Proudly made in Pakistan
Why our blue jeans aren't made in NZ
Our aim is to make the best quality product with the lightest environmental footprint. If we can do this in New Zealand - this will always be our first choice! Our blue jeans are proudly made in Pakistan and we would love to tell you why!
- New Zealand doesn’t have the machinery or processes to make blue denim
- Our factory in Pakistan, Rajby, has exemplary environmental practices!
- Rajby is the only Cradle 2 Cradle Platinum (C2CPII) certified denim supplier, meaning they:
- Eliminate the concept of waste through recycling or composting
- Use only clean, renewable energy
-Protect water as a vital and precious resource through exceptional water stewardship - they use a Zero Discharge Finish (ZDF) which does not discharge any waste water and saves 5 gallons of water per meter in production.
- Only use materials that are safe for humans and the environment - organic cotton and biodegradable elastane
- Have a positive impact on their community
Honesty is our policy and we want to be clear that making things overseas will never, ever be about price! It will only ever be about the most sustainable practices for our planet and our people.
If you have any questions we would love to hear from you at email@example.com